We are looking for an experienced individual to join our engineering team. Focus will be on the development of the user experience on the Smith + Crown site, as well as an intelligence and research platform.
The ideal team member is highly competent in modern frameworks, best practices, and tools for the development of highly polished and responsive web interfaces and applications. We’re looking for someone passionate about engineering, design, user experience and the translation of design into a functional and highly usable experience for our users.
We have an intense and ambitious culture that’s focused around our core values of personal responsibility, integrity, and exceptionally high standards. We also want someone excited to be involved in, and learn about, the cryptocurrency industry as this role will require working collaboratively with engineering, research, design and user experience in order to solve unique challenges around the accessible and intuitive display of complex and dynamic information. We value generalist capabilities as well as development with a pragmatic team player approach.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in relevant field
- Minimum two years relevant web development/engineering experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with UX/UI patterns and best practices
- Ability to work self-directed and independently as well as in team based workflows, on a variety of projects and initiatives
- A minimum of one high-level scripting language
- Python with Flask or Django
- ES6/7 with React, Redux or MobX, NodeJS, and or SSR
- D3, matplotlib, and or other data visualization approaches
- Test driven development
- Google Cloud (GCP)
- Docker or other containerization
- Kubernetes or other cloud-scale systems
- Blockchain and decentralized web technologies
- Design portfolio
While remote applicants will be considered, there will be a strong preference for candidates located in the Portland, OR area or who are willing to relocate. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Please submit a resume, cover letter explaining your interest and fit with Smith + Crown and preferably a portfolio and/or references to any examples of your work. Applications can be submitted via this form.
Due to the high volume of applicants any materials received without a cover letter, or with a generic cover letter will not be considered.