About Smith + Crown
Smith + Crown is the world’s leading blockchain research organization. Since 2013 we have been studying the breadth of the public blockchain space with a focus on global trends, industry intelligence, and cryptoeconomic systems. Our mission is to develop the highest quality of intelligence, analysis, and education around these topics as well as tools and networks to maximize their impact.
Smith + Crown is led by a senior management of early industry pioneers. Our two core values are integrity and independence, and we reflect those values in everything that we do. Integrity expresses itself in many forms: from the smallest daily interactions with team members, to the way we conduct business, to our dialogue and conversations – both internally and externally. We want to be, be seen as, and promote good actors in this industry long term.
We are seeking a number of research interns, accepted on a rolling basis throughout 2019, to join us in our Portland, OR office. You’ll be exposed to leading blockchain companies, projects, and thinking, while learning about one of the most complex and promising technologies of our time.
We pride ourselves on independence, and offer flexibility in work structure. Our core in-office working hours are from 10am to 3pm for purposes of scheduling meetings.
Responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Writing research profiles, both short and long form as needed (Example 1, Example 2)
- Collecting and analyzing data on blockchains, projects, and trends
- Supporting senior members on various research initiviates
- Creating and editing visuals and diagrams
- Actively participating in team meetings and discussions
- Managing social media with an emphasis on Twitter
- Gathering news and updates relevant to the industry and/or specific projects
- A general understanding of the blockchain industry, including the major public cryptoassets such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. You can speak knowledgeably about at least a few tokens.
- Strong verbal & written communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Pursuing towards or have a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree (or have equivalent industry experience)
- Strong analytical and quantitative abilities
- Ability to form and articulate coherent viewpoints grounded in data
- Self-starter — ability to get things done with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment
- Team player
- Programing experience is a plus but not required (ie, Python or R)
- Experience using a visual design program is a plus but not required (i.e. Sketch, photoshop or Illustrator)
Compensation and Culture
- Paid 12 week program
- Unparalleled access to cutting edge learnings in the blockchain space
- Work alongside industry leaders in a small, fast growing team
- Ample opportunities for growth
- Fully stocked kitchen, kombucha on tap, local coffee
- Bright, beautiful, plant-filled office in the heart of Portland’s industrial east side
Join our team to define and shape the future of blockchain and cryptoassets.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining your interest, fit with Smith + Crown, and desired future in the industry; and a work sample or portfolio that demonstrates the quality of work you’d be contributing. Applications can be submitted via this form.
Due to the high volume of applicants any materials received without a cover letter, or with a generic cover letter will not be considered.