We are excited to introduce our second Deep Dive Report, on the decentralized exchange protocol, 0x.
The Deep Dive Report outlines key project details, articulates Smith + Crown’s outlook on a project’s prospects, challenges, and potential risks in a reasoned manner, and clearly identifies fundamental assumptions and supporting reasons. We aim for these reports to empower readers to make up their minds on a project’s potential using the best available evidence and leading experts’ reasoning.
Within a Deep Dive Report, readers can expect the following:
A well-rounded overview of the project in plain language
- You will be prepared for conversation on any aspect of the system, without feeling overwhelmed. Our team consumes complex whitepapers, countless documents and outside articles on projects before reconfiguring the details into a digestible form. All of the crucial information you need to know is covered, while details that are too in the weeds are left out. The format is designed to maximize your time, and prioritizes what’s worth knowing over what is not.
An outlook on a project’s prospects, challenges and risks
- Each project has a unique set of circumstances, market conditions, competitive advantages, and challenges to overcome. We examine the project from every possible angle to help you understand these important tradeoffs. Distributed networks have a variety of ambitions, some of which overlap and some of which conflict. We describe plausible scenarios for network success and discuss them in the context of the broader dynamics at play.
Materials for developing a perspective on long-term cryptoasset performance
- Token outperformance is complicated, as it relies on a slew of underlying conditions. Critically, token-based projects may be immensely successful without having value accrue to the underlying cryptoasset. Each report discusses the cryptoeconomics of the network and its core token(s), and offers a perspective useful in forming your own decision-informing outlook on the token’s long-term prospects.
We write for an audience of sophisticated professionals capable of appreciating the many shades of gray that exist in this exciting and complicated industry. Regardless of how intelligent or capable any individual is, it is impossible to meaningfully analyze the full array of diverse, ongoing projects without a full-time team of experts from diverse backgrounds. As a research organization, we aim to be the outsourced cryptoanalysts trusted by this audience.
Smith + Crown does not make money through advertising and our reports are unpaid, unbiased, and conducted at the sole discretion of the research team.
Please enjoy our second instantiation of The Deep Dive Report, on 0x:
- Notable Developments
- The 0x Network
- How the Protocol Functions
- Broadcast Orders
- Point to Point Orders
- Relayer Strategies
- The Cryptoeconomics of 0x
- ZRX Token Function
- Decision Process
- 0x vs. Key Crypto Projects
- vs. DutchX
- vs. IDEX
- vs. StellarX
- Prospects and Challenges
- Risk Factors
- Market Outperformance Scenarios
For more insights from Smith + Crown, subscribe: